Doggysthan is a half-acre plot tucked away in Arakere Village, North of Bangalore City in India. It is fully secured and gated. It is a Haven for stray dogs. The dogs are picked off the streets as young puppies, cleaned up, vaccinated, sterilized and they live in Harmony with nature along with the trees and plants in this little doggie heaven.
However, we have a Bandwidth and a budget limitation. We cannot accept any more dogs without tying up precious resources. If we stretch our resources and accept more dogs, it will be stressful for the people who manage the shelter and even more painful for the poor mutts, as facilities and infrastructure built for a few,comes under pressure.
What we will never do
- Doggysthan will never Breed dogs. They also will not promote the sale of Breeds or adopt/foster them. If we have the bandwidth, we will pick up a few more puppies off the roads, instead of raising breeds.
- Doggysthan does not have a revenue model. It is not a startup. We will accept donations but never pester or mail people seeking donations.
- Doggysthan is not a Commercial venture. We will not look after pets for a fee, whatever be the reason. We will not associate ourselves with such organizations or individuals also.
- In Doggysthan, we will not maintain non-sterilized dogs. All dogs will
necessarily be sterilized. All the dogs will be the responsibility of Doggysthan.
What we do
- Pick up stray puppies off the road and depending on availability of resources,
- we may accept dogs for adoption, based on commitments received.
- Clean up the pups, conduct health checkup at the veterinarians
- Vaccinate on schedules provided by the vet.
- Sterilize on schedule
- Try and get the pups adopted in decent homes, for free, after the new
parents are screened.
- Dogs that could not get adopted will live in Doggysthan till death do us apart.
- Provide periodical health checks and vaccination
- Bathe them regularly, de-lice them, keep them free of infestations both internal (de-worming) and external (lice, ticks mites)
- Provide nutritious food and Love (lots and lots of it).
- Allow volunteers and like-minded visitors to mingle with these lovable beasts to provide love and service.